City of Owatonna COVID-19 Information
For the health and safety of the public and the employees of the City of Owatonna, the following locations are closed to the public:
- Owatonna City Hall - closed through April 12th
- Owatonna Public Library - closed through May 1st
- West Hills Tennis & Fitness Center - closed through May 1st
- West Hills Social Commons - closed through May 1st
Staff from the City will be working normal hours and available via phone and email. Access to all City buildings will be permitted on an appointment or urgent need basis.
City Council and Board Meetings:
As stated by the Meeting Determination Statement all City Council and other City Commission and Committee meetings will not be held in person until further notice. All City Council and other City Committee meetings may be conducted by telephone or other electronic means.
Please contact the Jeanette Clawson by phone (507) 774-7341 or email Jeanette.Clawson@ci.owatonna.mn.us if you have any questions regarding business licenses.
Owatonna Public Library is closed through at least May 1st. No staff are in the building, and the outside bookdrop is closed. Please hang on to any remaining Library materials; you will be held responsible for loss or damaged items left outside the building. No fines will be charged while OPL is closed. A limited number of OPL Librarians are working from home beginning Monday, March 20. If you have questions you can call 444-2460 Mondays-Fridays, 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. You can also contact staff via the "Ask a Librarian" link on the website at www.owatonna.info, or through the Library’s Facebook or Twitter sites.
You may contact the library staff at (507) 444-2460 with any questions or concerns.
Development Services & Building Permits:
We can process any application electronically if you have a scanning and sending capability. We can also accomplish this by mailing methods. All common applications are available on the website. The City’s comprehensive website has extensive information under Building Inspections page.
Staff can be contacted during this closure by calling (507) 444-4370.
Please submit permit applications and inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please call to make arrangements to drop off larger sets of plans.
Individual contact information is as follows;
- Ken Beck, Building Official and Department Supervisor General questions on any departmental issue. Ken.Beck@ci.owatonna.mn.us
- Mark Schwanke, Plans Examiner/Building Inspector for Commercial and residential building projects. Mark.Schwanke@ci.owatonna.mn.us
- Larry Houn, Building Inspector. Residential building projects. Larry.Houn@ci.owatonna.mn.us
- Jennifer Nelson, Permit Technician. All general information and contact referrals. Jennifer.Nelson@ci.owatonna.mn.us
Parks and Recreation:
West Hills Tennis Center and West Hills Social Commons are closed through May 1st. Parks and trails are currently open. Playgrounds will be closed as of the end of the day Friday, March 27th through at least April 12th. Please use the Parks and Recreation cancellation page for updates on programs and activities.
Staff can be contacted by the following:
- Parks & Recreation Office: (507) 444-4321 or email: Nikki.Callahan@ci.owatonna.mn.us or Jessica.Abrahams@ci.owatonna.mn.us
- West Hills Social Commons and Therapeutic Recreation: (507) 444-4280 or email: Danielle.Bakken@ci.owatonna.mn.us
- West Hills Tennis & Fitness Center: (507) 444-4290 or email: Danielle.Licht@ci.owatonna.mn.us
Please call (507) 444-4350 with any questions. Staff may also be reached by email: Anna.Schwichtenberg@ci.owatonna.mn.us