City Administration Building:
The City Administration Building is open, in accordance with guidance from the CDC and the Minnesota Department of Health, masks are no longer required inside City Buildings or outside for fully vaccinated people. Face masks are still recommended but not required, for people who are unvaccinated. Those who feel the desire to wear a mask as a personal health and safety choice may do so and others should respect their choice.
Council and Board Meetings:
In-Person Meetings will be held mindful of social distance requirements. City Council and other City Committee meetings may also be conducted by telephone or other electronic means, meeting information is posted in the Agenda Center prior to the meeting date.
Please contact the Jeanette Clawson by phone (507) 774-7341 or email Jeanette.Clawson@ci.owatonna.mn.us if you have any questions regarding business licenses.
Owatonna Public Library – Owatonna Public Library Express Service Hours are 12:00-6:00 p.m. on Mondays, and 9:00-a.m. – 5:00 p.m. on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, & Fridays. OPL Express Service Hours allow library patrons to browse and borrow materials or use computers for up to 45 minutes per day, no appointment required. Children 15 and younger must be accompanied by a parent or adult guardian. You can access library services in-person (via browsing and computer appointments) and online. To schedule an appointment to browse or use the computers, call 507-774-7006. Please visit the Library’s webpage for additional details. If you have questions you can call (507) 444-2460 Mondays-Fridays, 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. You can also contact staff via the "Ask a Librarian" link on the website at www.owatonna.info, or through the Library’s Facebook or Twitter sites.
Development Services & Building Permits:
We can process any application electronically if you have a scanning and sending capability. We can also accomplish this by mailing methods. All common applications are available on the website. The City’s comprehensive website has extensive information under Building Inspections page.
Staff can be contacted by calling (507) 444-4370.
Please submit permit applications and inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Individual contact information is as follows;
- Ken Beck, Building Official and Department Supervisor General questions on any departmental issue. Ken.Beck@ci.owatonna.mn.us
- Mark Schwanke, Plans Examiner/Building Inspector for Commercial and residential building projects. Mark.Schwanke@ci.owatonna.mn.us
- Larry Houn, Building Inspector. Residential building projects. Larry.Houn@ci.owatonna.mn.us
- Jennifer Nelson, Permit Technician. All general information and contact referrals. Jennifer.Nelson@ci.owatonna.mn.us
Parks and Recreation:
Facility availability can be viewed on the Parks and Recreation page.
Please use the Parks and Recreation cancellation page for updates on programs and activities.
Staff can be contacted by the following:
- Parks & Recreation Office: (507) 444-4321 or email: Nikki.Callahan@ci.owatonna.mn.us.
- West Hills Social Commons and Therapeutic Recreation: (507) 444-4280 or email: Drake.Simonson@ci.owatonna.mn.us
- West Hills Tennis & Fitness Center: (507) 444-4290 or email: Danielle.Licht@ci.owatonna.mn.us
Please call (507) 444-4350 with any questions. Staff may also be reached by email: Anna.Schwichtenberg@ci.owatonna.mn.us
Minnesota Unemployment Insurance Information
State of MN COVID-19 Website
Small Business Guidance and Loan Programs
Restaurants with Take Out, Delivery and Curbside Options
Resources for Businesses
Materials and Resources Available in Many Languages
Educational Materials Available in Many Languages