OPL receives paper copies of some IRS tax forms and instructions. We place these in the Reading Room as we receive them (generally the first week of February).
The Minnesota Department of Revenue no longer provides paper copies of their forms.
If you do not see what you need in the Reading Room or if you are searching from home, use the Federal and State links below to locate what you need. You can use OPL computers to search for and print tax forms; the cost is 10 cents/page. Library staff cannot help you choose or fill out forms and cannot offer tax advice.
You can obtain copies of IRS forms and instruction booklets here:
- IRS.gov/Forms - to view and download
- IRS.gov/orderforms - to order tax products to be delivered by mail
- 1-800-829-3676 - to order tax products to be delivered by mail
UPDATE as of the 2015 Tax Filing Season: The Minnesota Department of Revenue will no longer provide state tax forms or instructions to libraries and counties beginning January 1, 2016.
Find Minnesota tax forms and instructions:
- Go to www.revenue.state.mn.us and type Income Tax Forms in the Search box.
- Call them at 651-296-3781 or 1-800-652-9094 (toll-free)
Also at www.revenue.state.mn.us:
- Type Online Filing in the Search box for electronic filing for individuals, including free options.
- Type Tax Help in the Search box (or call 1-800-657-3989) for information about free tax preparation sites.
More State Tax Forms
The Federation of Tax Administrators offers a directory of all State Tax Forms.
Tax Assistance Program - AARP
From the SeniorPlace website: "Local AARP volunteers will be providing tax service free of charge February 7 through April 15th at the Owatonna SeniorPlace. The volunteers are certified to complete federal and Minnesota tax returns. They can also complete the Minnesota homeowner and renter rebate forms for those that qualify. Please note that we are not certified to complete out of state tax returns nor trained to deal with complex tax scenarios. Please call SeniorPlace to schedule an appointment starting January 9. Must be a Steele County resident."
Call SeniorPlace at 507-444-4280 to schedule an appointment. See their website for more information..
Revised January 10, 2017