Does my project require a permit?

The Water Quality Specialist will verify that all information submitted on the permit application is in compliance with Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA) Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) General Permit (MNR040000), the City's Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan, and the Stormwater Management Plan. Overall site grading and erosion and sediment control best management practices are reviewed to ensure that stormwater is not being diverted on to neighboring properties or pollutants leaving the site during construction. Grading permit fees can be paid at the same time (one payment) with the building permit fees.

All Single Family Residential Construction and Any Project Disturbing 5,000 square feet or more, within the City of Owatonna are required under the Stormwater Management Ordinance to obtain a Grading / Erosion and Sediment Control (ESC) Permit from the Engineering Department.

Please visit the Construction page for further information as well as access to applications and fees.

Show All Answers

1. Does my project require a permit?