Winter Weekend Out - January 24-26
We’ve got a fun-filled, snow fun, weekend planned! Take a look at the weekend’s activities and like our page on Facebook to stay updated on the weekend’s activities.
Friday, January 24 activities:
- Family Open Swim - Time: 6:30-8:30pm, Fee: $2.00 Per Person. Family Open Swim at the Owatonna Middle School is an opportunity for families to come and enjoy swim time together. During this time there will be 2 lifeguards on duty and the diving boards will be open. All children must be accompanied by a parent. Children with lifejackets must be within arm’s reach of a parent at all times.
Saturday, January 25 activities:
- Adult Snow Volleyball Tournament at Lava Burgers - Start Time: 11:00am. Trade in your shorts and tanks for thermals and hats and play in our Adult Snow Volleyball Tournament! Teams of up to 6 players (minimum of 4), co-rec or women’s teams, $30 entry fee per team, prizes for 1st, 2nd & 3rd places! Sign your team up here - registration is under Leagues/Adult Volleyball.
- Fat Bike/Hok Ski Demo at Kaplan’s Woods - Time: 10:00am-12:00pm. Fat Bikes and Hok Skis will be provided by Straight River Sports for you to give them a try.
- 2020 iGames - Time: 2:00-4:00pm. Grab a friend or family member and come to West Hills Social Commons (formerly SeniorPlace) for an afternoon of games for all ages. We will have Wii bowling and tennis, bags and billiards set up.
- Rock on Ice at Morehouse - Time: 6:00-8:00pm. Music, lights, fun...we’ll be Rockin on Ice! Bring the whole family down, warm up by the bonfire and enjoy a night skating to the music!
Sunday, January 26 activities:
- Family Ice Fishing at Lake Kohlmier - Time: 2:30 – 4:30pm. Join us on Lake Kohlmier for an afternoon of ice fishing. Limited equipment and bait will be provided -- holes will be pre-drilled for fishing. This is a FREE event for everyone to attend. Look for more information to come. Backup date: February 9th, 2:30 – 4:30pm.
Snow Sculpture Competition
Join in our 2nd Annual Snow Sculpture Competition! Sculpting will take place January 22-26 at Central Park Downtown Owatonna. Sculpting is open to the public to watch teams carve their sculptures!