Public & Winter Parking
Street Parking & Public Lots
Public parking lots and spaces support business activity and provide convenience to customers. View the Downtown Parking Map (PDF).
Winter Parking Regulations
For those who must park in the street, you must park your vehicle on alternate sides every night, from November 15 to March 31. Vehicles parked illegally between 12:01 a.m. and noon will be ticketed and towed. The winter parking ordinance exists to expedite and make more efficient snow removal in our community.
- On even-numbered calendar dates, vehicles may be parked on the near side of the street adjacent to lots and houses that have been assigned even numbers.
- On odd-numbered calendar dates, vehicles may be parked on the near side of the street adjacent to lots and houses that have been assigned odd numbers.
- This subdivision does not apply to any street where parking is limited to one side, to any cul-de sac that has combined even and odd house numbers, nor to any street that has more restrictive parking requirements.
- Signs announcing the existence of the winter parking ordinance and the Hotline telephone number shall be placed at all entrances to the City of Owatonna.
General Parking Regulations
No vehicle shall be parked or be permitted to remain on any street in or serving the business district of the City of Owatonna between the hours of 2 and 6 a.m. on any day, contrary to the signs ordered by the Council to be posted on such streets. Signs in place effective upon the adoption of this Ordinance shall be in effect until ordered changed.
Section 72.03 Parking Limited
No vehicle shall be parked or left unattended on any street, public parking lot or alley within the corporate limits of the city for 48 hours or more unless otherwise posted.
Section 72.04 Vehicles Towed by Police
Where any vehicle is parked or left unattended on any street, parking lot or alley contrary to the provisions of this chapter, any police officer of the city may cause such vehicle to be removed, or removed and stored, and the cost of such moving and storage shall be paid by the owner of such vehicle in addition to any fine for violation of this chapter set forth; provided, however, the aggregate total fine plus towing and storage charge shall not exceed $300.
Section 72.99 Penalty
- Winter parking violations: $20